Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lucky Us! Our 8th "Honeymoon"!



We were so lucky to have Uncle Matthew and Aunt Erin come over and watch the kids for the night. As part of their Christmas present to us I begged them to just watch the kids overnight. I told them that would be the best present ever. And it was. We decided to make it extra special and celebrate our anniversary early since the baby will be here right before our anniversary in March. Bruce and I take turns planning a "honeymoon" each year. This year is our 8th "honeymoon" and 7th anniversary. It was my turn to plan our get-a-way this year. My parents gave us their old GPS Garmin which I kept secret from Bruce until we got in the car. When he opened the present and saw the Garmin he was excited because he has wanted one for awhile. I programed into the "favorites" all of our stops under code names like "Friday dinner" or "Where we are staying". He had to follow the Garmin to each location. I also made the weekend the theme of my "priority male" where Bruce received presents and letters all about him and how he is my "priority male". It was wonderful to be able to have a night and a day away to rest and relax. We ate dinner at Ruby River (so yummy!) and the stayed at the Parrish Place Bed and Breakfast. I have to admit I was most excited to just be able to sleep all night without the threat of anyone waking me up (I feel constantly sleep deprived lately). My dream came true and I sleep all night and woke up so happy and rested. We then had a relaxing morning with breakfast in bed, a little shopping, and then a massage for Bruce and a pedicure and manicure for me, followed by more good food at the Jasmine. How pampering! I love my Bruce and want to commit to him this year to make sure he knows he is my "priority male".


Matt and Erin (affectionately known as "Aunt Boo Boo") were so good to the kids. Matthew even came early to get the kids and took them by himself to his mom's house for a party until Erin got off work. The next day they took the kids to a movie at the Clark Planetarium and to lunch. Jonny cried for Erin and Matthew not to leave. He loves to wrestle Matt and play games with Erin. I decided that Matt and Erin are hired. Not only did the kids have so much fun but somehow they got Autumn to have no potty accidents the whole time with them and also she slept through the night until 8am! She hasn't sleep in to 8 am for me for 6 months or so. They are already professional parents. Thank you! Thank you! Erin and Matt you are the best. We love you very much!!!

1 comment:

Renae said...

Sounds like you and Bruce had a fun time! I'm glad you were able to get away for a little while before the baby comes. How clever of you to use the GPS to disguise all of your plans!