It's time! I gave up on my blog about 6 months ago. I was keeping a family journal and just couldn't do both. But ever since I saw my cousin Lora's, blog book she printed I have been dreaming (literally) about blogging and blog books. Lora printed out her blog from a full year. It ended up being 360+ pages of amazing quality pictures and text. She printed it out through http://www.blurb.com/ in case you are interested in checking out what they have to offer. I tried a test book and it was awesome and user friendly! I was so excited to see how it printed (since I was a skeptic of how a blog would print out). I think this will be a much easier way to keep a family journal. Here are just a few tricks she told me about if you want to also print out your blog:
1. I was wondering about keeping certain things private. There is always things that you don't want everyone to read. I learned that you can write a post and save it as a draft instead of publishing it and it will still be pulled into your blog book when you go to print it. So you can have those embarrassing moments preserved without your neighbors reading them.
2. You can add/delete/edit anything before you publish. So you can add more pictures and text later.
3. It took Lora about 8 hours to edit and download her blogbook to print. But that was for a year and 360+ pages and Lora is a perfectionist (which is a compliment to her blog book because it turned out great).
4. It cost about $120 to print an 11x17 book. Lora waited and got a coupons for free shipping and $20 off. That is only about 33 cents a page! And many pages were full bleed pictures. I thought is was an awesome deal.
Needless to say...I am excited to start blogging and print off my own book next year!
5 comments:
I have thought of this a LOT since you told me about it too. So fun!
...as a matter of fact, I came to the computer right now to work on my book.
Oh yay! I hope you blog more, I'd like to hear more about what's going on with your cute family!
Great news!
Thanks for the compliments! I'm excited that you are so excited! I love my book and I know my kids will love the pictures and the memories even more when they are older. Priceless.......
Post a Comment