Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bread Anyone?


Happy birthday to me! I got something I wanted for a long time. A Bosch Universal mixer. I love making bread and cooking. It was a splurge for sure but hopefully will last a very, very long time and it makes me so happy (even though my sister April laughs at the amount of money I will spend on kitchen toys--we are so different that way).

I was so excited to make bread. I tried out several bread recipes using my Kitchen Aid until I found my favorite. When I got my Bosch I was so excited to try making bread in it instead of my smaller Kitchen Aid. But I was so sad and frustrated when my bread was gross in my Bosch. I tried it twice and both times the dough had a weird consistency and taste. Hummmm? I was really puzzled wondering what could be off. But couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Well turns out as I was cleaning up after the second failed attempt that I had ground up brown rice instead of wheat. They look the same and both are stored in 5 gallon buckets in my pantry. I had to laugh! I was making rice bread--no wonder it didn't work. So I finally made yummy, yummy bread in my Bosch using wheat instead of rice and it worked! Go figure! Ha! I was just glad the mystery was figured out.

As for my birthday...it was such a great day. I love birthdays!!!! I pump them for all they are worth. In the morning I went with my Mom to Weight Watchers (and hit my lowest weight since before Jonny was born!) and then to breakfast. My mom spoiled me and took me to Ruth's Diner up Emigration Canyon. So pretty and really good food! When I got back from breakfast with my mom Bruce and the kids had decorated the house and yelled "SURPRISE" as I walked in. They even made a wall with "34 words to describe Angie". I felt loved and so grateful for Bruce going the extra mile to help the kids surprise me. Bruce had taken the kids to the craft store to use the dye cutting machine and pick out the color scheme. I couldn't have loved it more. That night Erin and Matthew (thank you! thank you!) watched the kids while Bruce and I went out. I love being with my Bruce. It was a relaxing night with yummy food at Archibalds. Also earlier in the week I got to go on a girl's night with my friend Judi. She bought me dinner (complete with balloons) and took me shopping. I am spoiled. So many were too nice to me. Debbie, Tia and Carter for instance gave me a gift card to Cafe Rio with a coupon for a night away from the kids (meaning she will let them all sleepover). Wow! I love birthdays!

1 comment:

Heather said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday! I'm glad you got the bread mystery figured out! I love making bread in my bosch! It's so easy!