Sunday, July 11, 2010

Good Brother

I don't think anything makes me happier than when I see my kids be nice to each other. I know I have said this before but it continues to be true. Jonathan just melted me today. Autumn keep asking for a drink of water. I said I would go and get her one but I was taking a long time to make it downstairs. By the time I got downstairs I saw Jonathan struggling to put the lid on Autumn's Cinderella sippy cup. He told me he went downstairs to find a toy when he remembered that Autumn was asking for a drink of water so he decided to get her one for me. He said "Here Autumn. It's Cinderella. You love Cinderella." The counter was all wet so was the floor. He really is such a good brother and while he has his moments with Autumn he generally is very protective and loving to her. Last week I heard him outside yelling. When I went to investigate he was shouting at his friend to be nice to his sister. He was saying "You can't be mean to my sister." He was being her protector--I love it. Another funny story--I have mentioned to Jonathan that if Autumn is bugging him he could either yell at her (not a good choice) or just try to distract her with another toy and away from what he is trying to do. He put this into practice when I saw him run down the stairs with a barbie. He threw the barbie over the landing and said in a sweet voice "Go get it Autumn." That made me laugh. I don't think Autumn fell for it but it was a good try. Jonathan not only is good to Autumn but is completely smitten by Brookley. He gets books and tell stories to both Brookley and Autumn. Or Jonathan will sit for long spells and just play with Brookley and pretend that she is telling him things. Sigh....for all of the frustrations of Jonathan (namely not listening and being completly forgetful and slow as a snail getting ready) he is a really, really, really great kid and the absolute best brother!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love these pictures! What a great brother Johnny is!