Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Living the Dream

Happy Birthday Bruce!!!
I have been thinking a lot lately about how you have made it possible for me to live my dreams. I always dreamt about being married and having kids and being able to stay home to be with the family. I have all that now and often I have to pinch myself to realize how incredibly lucky I am to have all that I do. I truly am blessed and it is in large part due to you. I love the house you bought for me—you make it such a comfortable place to be because of all your hard work in the house and in the yard. I love the “bacon” you bring home—you provide so well for us not only financially but emotionally and spiritually too. I love how you make life fun—it seems you live to make me and the kids happy. I even love all the cute, endearing quirks you have like how you love to watch Time Life music infomercials, how you don’t like onions or garlic, how you are very much a routine person (you deal well with my chaotic nature even though it doesn’t fit into your routine), how you eat everything in proportions (at the end of every meal you will have exactly one bite of everything left), and how you think sleeping is means getting up by 7am (after all we don’t want to waste the day away). I am so lucky to have you as my sweetie pie, husband, and friend. The kids are so lucky to have you as their dad. Thanks for making all my dreams come true. I love you and appreciate you and adore you! Happy birthday!!!

Love, Angie



I think Bruce had a pretty good birthday. My Dad, Seth, Uncle Reid and Bruce all went and played in a golf tournament. So Bruce got to do one of his favorite things on his birthday--play golf. He even won a few things in the raffle (a painting, gym bag and golf balls). From what I heard Bruce was even the best golfer among the 4 of them (they are very competitive). While Bruce was golfing the kids and I decorated the house. We made a wall of the 44 reasons we love our Dad as well as got balloons and banners put up and Jonny and Autumn insisted on hiding all of Bruce's presents. Jonathan and Autumn couldn't have been more excited about decorating the house than they were. All day they keep giggling about how excited they were for Dad to come home and see the decorations. It was so cute. In every prayer they also said "Please bless Dad to have the best, best, best birthday ever." So cute! I was busy making apple walnut cake (Bruce's favorite) and then that night we had a few people over for cake and ice cream.

1 comment:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Happy Birthday Bruce! I could have never asked for a better husband for my sister. You are an amazing dad and friend too!