Sunday, June 6, 2010

Best Friends

After being gone in St. George for a week Jonny couldn't wait to call Carter, his best friend. This was what I heard Jonny tell Carter on the phone. "Let's pretend we are real brothers and you just have to have sleepovers at someone else's house a lot." They just love to play that they are "real" brothers. I love it when they dress the same and pretend to be twins. Jonny and Carter continue to be inseparable. Jonny is in for an awakening now that summer is here and Tia, Carter's sister, will be home with Carter. And then next school year Carter is in 1st grade and obviously in school all day. What is Jonny going to do? It is going to be a little bit of an adjustment because every morning without fail Jonny asks if it is a "Carter Day" and when I say "yes" he jumps up and down so excited (which I laugh at because almost every day is a Carter day and he still gets excited every time). Carter is a great kid and I am happy he is Jonny's best friend.

Camden is one of Autumn's best friends. Aren't they just so cute? Autumn LOVES to go to "school" (which is what she calls going to anyone's house for a play date) at Camden's house. Camden's mommy, Brena, is the best! She has spoiled me many a time by watching Autumn. It is fabulous to have somewhere where Autumn always loves to go. They are still learning to share and it usually ends up with Camden giving into Autumn so that Autumn will stop crying. Sweet, sweet Camden is the peace maker.

2 comments:

Gina said...

So, so, so cute. Hey, least you forget, Jonny will be in school everyday next year too. Half day, but still. Just depends on if you have him in morning or afternoon kindergarten. That might ease the mourning over Carter being gone much of everyday.

Can't help but notice that both of their best friends are black. That is too fun.

Lynnette said...

This is so cute! I think it is so sweet how close Jonny and Carter are, I just love that they pretend to be brothers. I'm sure they'll be lifelong friends. Zach and Miles consider Carter just another cousin!

And good for you for getting up and going walking every morning! I miss doing that, it really is such a great way to start the day.