

I was super excited (Christmas morning excited) to get our piano. I have always wanted to have one in our home but thought it might be a long, long time until we could afford one. I was telling my Grandma Thorup about this and she said that we could have her piano someday. I told her I hope she lives a long, long time before I inherit it. I really didn't know if she was serious or not but she said that she would rather see it used than sitting in her house and that I could have it in a couple of years when they rearrange their upstairs. I was excited but really surprised when she just called out of the blue one day only a couple of months after that conversation to say that I needed to come get the piano. I laugh because that is true Thorup fashion to not ever wait a couple years when you have an idea in your mind. They decided to rearrange their upstairs and I "inherited" the piano. It was my Great Grandma Baird's piano so it has a lot of sentimental value. She did the beautiful needlework on the bench. The piano matches my front room and fits just perfectly into that small space. It plays really nicely. I LOVE it! I barely play since I was a piano drop out but it is fun to poke around on. The family has had to endure my playing during Family Home Evening a few times. Jonny and Autumn are enchanted with the piano. Especially Autumn. She always wants to play it. She sits down and plays and sings little songs she makes up. Last night she insisted on playing just one song before going to bed. It will be fun to put them into piano lessons someday. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Thorup! Thank you! Thank you! We just LOVE our piano!!!!! I feel so lucky and extremely grateful to have it!
No comments:
Post a Comment