Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hug and Kiss Mom!

Things I love about Jonathan right now....

1. He is a very loving kid. Every day when I drop him off at kindergarten (or when I drop him off anywhere) before he leaves he will say "Hug and kiss Mom!" We then have a routine where he hugs me, kisses my cheek and then I kiss his cheek. So sweet. How lucky am I to get to have my hug and kiss every day before he leaves. He isn't shy to show me affection...yet. But I know soon things might change so I savor every goodbye I get right now with our "hug and kiss" routine. Jonathan is a very snuggly kid and loves to be held and hugged--especially at bedtime there is never enough snuggle time.

2. Jonathan is a very routine based kid. Like the "hug and kiss" routine, every morning with his Dad he will run to the garage door and yell "Start your engines! On your mark, get set, go!" and then wave until the garage door is down. He never misses this routine with his Dad no matter what is going on (unless on the rare occasion he is asleep). He has done this for over a year now. This morning for example Jonny was still asleep and Bruce had to leave earlier than usual. But the moment Jonny heard the garage door going up he ran downstairs to catch his dad and say "On your mark, get set, go!"

3. Brookley is often the last one awake. I love Jonathan's response to her the moment he sees her in the morning. His whole face lights up and Brookley is smothered with affection from him.

No comments: