Sunday, July 13, 2008

I feel like we are having to grow up...

I feel like we are having to grow up a little bit by taking on new responsibilities. Gone are the carefree days (and carefree Sundays too). Bruce has been called to be 2nd counselor in the bishopric. It was timely that a few days after he was called we went and saw the movie about Emma Smith. Obviously the call to the bishopric and what that meant to our family was on our mind. We were humbled as we were reminded of the sacrifices of the early pioneers and particularly by the prophet, Joseph Smith. We have little room to complain for our small role to play. It is a honor to serve the Lord. The movie was a strong reminder of that. I am glad He has need of us. But I'll be honest it is a little overwhelming and I worry about me being left with the kids. I liked having Bruce around and helping out on Sundays! Today (the Sunday he was being called) Bruce was extra good to me. I got to sleep in while Bruce took care of the kids and fed them. Then when I did wake up he made me french toast. I asked why he was being so extra good to me this morning and he said "Well there may not be too many more Sunday mornings when I will be around to take care of you and the kids." I thought that was so sweet of him. Bruce loves us and he loves the Lord. That makes us a pretty happy family. And with the Lord's help we will gladly do our part.

3 comments:

Gina said...

You were a shoe-in for this calling. You both will do great, and you will I am sure find less french toast. Maybe I will come by with pancakes a time or two. I don't know what you say to this... "congrats?" Perhaps I should just say, "Good luck!"

Sharon said...

Angie i am so glad you are keeping a blog now. i love seeing what is going on. You guys are such an amazing family. Bruce enjoy your new calling! What a true blessing this will be for your family.

Lynnette said...

That's big... but I'm not surprised! Good luck with the new calling (to both of you!) and enjoy the blessings!